FOUR CHILDREN WITH DELAYED NERVOUS SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT ISSUES RECEIVED CHIROPRACTIC CARE.
CHILD #1 : A seven year old male with autism. After 8 visits the mother reported:
- Decreased looks of confusion
- Increase in talking
- Decrease in bedwetting
- Decrease in response to food allergies
On the 12th visit the mother reported her son had received the “Most Improved
Student” at the end of the school year.
Child #2 : A five year old male with autism. He was initially brought to the chiropractor because of constipation. As care progressed his school reported improved reports. After 4 months of care an autism evaluation check list showed improvements in:
- Speech, language & communication
- Health & physical behaviour
Child #3 : A four year old male with autism. On visit 13 the father reported improved coordination skills (throwing a baseball). After 22 visits the mother reported:
- Increased initiation of conversations with adults and children
- Better eye contact
- Better able to participate in after school activities
Child #4 : A four year old male with occulo motor apraxia (the eyes are unable to follow an object without turning the head). The child also had a history of seizures, a clumsy gait and had difficulty in learning movement patterns. After 8 visits the mother reported: improvement in balance and running without falling. On visit 13:
- Less tripping & more desire to run
- Better endurance when walking
- Napping better, fewer outbursts and less apprehension
Reference: Rubin D, Wilson H, Harward R: Improvement in Autistic Behaviors Following Chiropractic Care: The Application of Polyvagal Theory and its Relationships to Pediatric Chiropractic. J. Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health August 11, 2016.